Kanata, Ontario, Canada
The mandate of the System Analyst is to provide end-to-end business application support and development services for Conversant’s business users. The Systems Analyst will concentrate on providing support for Conversant’s OpenText Content Server/Livelink implementation, and will also assist in the support of Conversant’s other business applications and systems.
- Perform requirements analysis and create formal requirements documents and use cases.
- Design, develop and implement custom solutions in OpenText Content Server (LiveLink)
- Prepare routine software project documentation such as estimates, work specifications, task schedules, test plans, change requests and user guides.
- Provide maintenance and develop changes for existing OpenText Content Server/Livelink structures and applications
- Work with business user groups to develop requirements and to select commercial application software solutions to match those requirements.
- Work with 3rd party software suppliers to deploy, integrate and customize Content Server/SQL Server/.NET based applications.
- Provide minor integration modifications and SQL database modifications to existing applications.
- Develop data migration utilities and perform data migration/verification.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Create user training materials and provide user training for customized applications and utilities.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field or a combination of related experience and education
- Minimum of 3 years development experience developing OpenText Content Server/Livelink structures and solutions (Categories, Attributes, Workflows, Appearances, Custom Views, Forms, Web Forms, and Live Reports)
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, MS Visio, Microsoft Project
- Strong project skills including the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage change
- Strong analytical, communication (listening, verbal and written), and problem-solving skils
- Development experienced using Oscript, Livelink Builder, Livelink API and Open Text Content Server Web Services
- MS SQL Server development or administration experience
- MS SQL Reporting Services or other business intelligence reporting systems experience
- Experience supporting ERP, financial accounting or legal matter management systems such as MS Navision, or Pattsy WAVE.
- Experience supporting or working with other document management systems such as Sharepoint, Documentum or FileNet.