Telecommuting required, must live within commuting distance of office in Plano, Texas.
Reporting to the Senior VP, Chief Intellectual Property Officer & General Counsel, the Patent & Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for the following matters:
– Providing support for Patent Acquisitions, including reviewing possible portfolios provided by licensing, reviewing acquired portfolios to ensure that the full portfolio has been assigned; raising any issues with licensing in order to obtain the necessary information from the previous owner; opening portfolio in PATTSY database; filing assignment documents, and obtaining hard files from associates; conducting paralegal due diligence for acquisitions projects, collecting patent related information from various on-line sources for acquisition purposes, transferring ownership for newly acquired patent portfolios
– Providing support for Patent Litigation, including printing documents from PACER, tracking the status of litigation, providing reminders of due dates, collecting information required from a wide variety of sources in support of patent litigation, performing research and analysis on supporting data, providing professional legal support service to attorneys by drafting legal and business communications
– Providing support for Patent Prosecution, including docketing assigned patent prosecution tasks in database and providing reminders; filing patent applications in the USPTO, CIPO and WIPO in-house electronically and on paper; formatting and filing responses to the Examinations reports in the USPTO and CIPO; preparing various legal papers that are required for filing and prosecuting of patent applications in various Patent Offices; tracking and processing assigned patent maintenance fees and patent prosecution costs; developing, maintaining and generating reports from the patent database; processing assigned patent incentive forms and liaising with payroll regarding assigned patent payments; maintaining patent prosecution files both electronic and physical files; coordinating meetings, drafting letters, faxes and emails; obtaining electronic and paper file histories and patent documents as required; coordinating patent paralegal activities
– Providing office administration & facilities support including liaising with building administration to handle issues; ordering and maintaining office supplies; organizing and maintaining files; assisting with travel arrangements as required; and coordinating and arranging facility related requirements for the office
Job Requirements: The Patent Administrator & Facilities Coordinator will have the following requirements:
Three years of work experience in each of the following:
- Providing support for global patent acquisition and prosecution processes in multiple jurisdictions including filing electronic and hard copy patent applications with USPTO, CIPO and WIPO;
- Drafting legal documentation for review by outside counsel for prosecuting patent applications;
- Docketing assigned patent prosecution reports;
- Preparing instructions to outside counsel for foreign application matters;
- Providing litigation administrative support, tracking assigned patent prosecution costs and leading the implementation of in-house practices and processes.
Telecommuting required, must live within commuting distance of office in Plano, Texas. This position requires limited domestic travel to office in Plano, Texas.