Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Position: Financial Analyst
Reports To: VP of Finance and Operations
Employer: Conversant Intellectual Property Management Inc.
Location: Corporate Services – Finance | Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Time Frame: Full-Time Contract- Could lead to Full-Time Permanent
Job Purpose and Mandate:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the provision of general reporting, analysis and forecasting services. The mandate of the position is to ensure accurate, efficient and timely reporting and analysis of financial information to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements to enable investors and Management to make informed business decisions and achieve business objectives.
- Accurate and timely production of consolidated financial statements, non-consolidated financial statements and other financial reports that satisfy the ongoing requirements of investors and Management.
- Regular day to day accounting operations and month-end accounting activities
- Accounts receivable – full cycle and cash management duties.
- Accounts payable – full cycle
- Providing accurate, timely and relevant analysis of financial statements figures, general ledger accounts, performance versus budget/forecast and corporate metrics.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial reporting systems, procedures and policies.
- Maintaining financial statement specifications and supporting documentation.
- Supporting all budgeting and forecasting activities for the Company.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries for financial analysis and reporting by Management.
- Supporting compliance with internal controls related to financial reporting and analysis processes and policies.
- Supporting reporting and analysis aspects of the annual statutory audit, tax and other financial audits.
- Liaising with government agencies and auditors regarding requests for financial information.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships across all areas of the Company.
- Participating in and completing special projects and duties as assigned.
- Recognized university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Accounting, Economics).
- Working towards or achieved a professional accounting designation (e.g. CA, CPA, CMA, CGA).
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“U.S. GAAP”), International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) or comparable standards.
- Experience with Enterprise Reporting Packages (“ERP”) in a multi-currency, multi-company environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment with superior analytical and communication skills.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite, particularly Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Navision and Jet Reports.
- Experience in a start-up business environment.
- Knowledge of Concur expense reporting software and Replicon time and attendance software.